Promethean has launched the Promethean ActivPanel Teacher Tips competition. The competition encourages teachers who have a Promethean ActivPanel (version 5 or above) to submit a video showcasing their ActivPanel top tips or hacks.
We want teachers to share fabulous ActivPanel ideas to make sure they are making the most of their front of class technology and share edtech ideas and time saving hacks together.
Once a teacher has submitted a video, our team of judges will select the winners. Our winners will be notified via email and will receive a £10 Amazon voucher to help buy something for their class.
We know school budgets are tight and Promethean want to help. In response to the research carried out for our annual education technology report, one head of department commented: “the allocation of budget comes down to ‘what schools can afford’, not what they need. Approximately 90% of the budget goes on staff salaries and then with essential items it doesn’t leave a lot to share out”.
Teachers can win up to 5 Amazon vouchers for 5 different video submissions, that is £50 to spend on your class.
Also, we would love some teachers to present on our stand at the Bett Show, which takes place at ExCel, London in January 2019. Bett is an education technology show that brings together 800+ leading companies, and over 34,000 attendees from the global education community. They come together to celebrate, find inspiration and discuss the future of education, as well as the role technology and innovation plays in enabling all educators and learners to thrive. Presenting on Promethean’s stand will help raise teacher profiles and give teachers the opportunity to speak to like-minded colleagues and share ideas with other peers, including sharing the fabulous video techniques from this competition, they will also become apart of the Promethean team.
How to enter
- Record a video of your Promethean ActivPanel tip/hack
- Upload your video file to a free upload platform (like www.wetransfer.com) and use our email address email@example.com to submit your entry
- Make sure you include the following details so we can get in touch about your voucher prize: your name; email address; school name; job title; and contact telephone number
- Promethean will judge all video entries. If your video is chosen, we will send you a £10 Amazon voucher and upload it to our YouTube channel – Promethean UKI – and share on Promethean social media accounts
- Your school can submit up to 5 videos and receive a £10 voucher for every one we use, up to a maximum of £50
Tips on how to win
Struggling for inspiration? Don’t worry, your video can be as simple as you like.
- Your video should be between 1 – 3 minutes. You don’t need an intro or outro as we will add that in for you when we upload it to our YouTube channel
- Your iPhone/Smartphone will be the easiest way to record your video. Then you can edit it using a free video editing app like iMovie (for iPhones)
- Your tips/hacks video can include any good lesson plans, apps, ActivInspire lessons, time savers, ActivCast etc
Here is an example. Primary School teacher Stuart explaining ‘how to integrate ActivInspire and a laptop or PC on an ActivPanel’:
Please find competition terms and conditions here.