PROMETHEAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promethean Grant 2018 Terms and Conditions
This competition is brought to you by Promethean Limited, of Promethean House, Lower Philips Road, Whitebirk Industrial Estate, Blackburn, Lancashire BB1 5TH, England.
By entering the competition set out below, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the decisions of Promethean.
To enter, complete and submit the online entry form at www.resourced.prometheanworld.com/promethean-grant
Eligibility for entrants
This competition is open to all who are at least 18 years of age as at the date of entry (“Entrant”) and made on behalf of a school, school district or education establishment in the UK and Ireland including Eire at which the winner is employed, engaged or enrolled. Any prizes awarded will not be awarded to the individual Entrant but instead to the school, school district or education establishment with whom the winner is employed, engaged or enrolled. No purchase is necessary to participate.
Employees of Promethean, its divisions, subsidiaries, parent, resellers and affiliates and immediate family members of such employees, or persons living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to be an Entrant.
The competition is valid between 09:00 on 19th March (GMT) and midnight on 15th June 2018 (GMT). The competition may be extended at the sole discretion of Promethean in which case, these terms and conditions will be updated.
How to Enter
To enter, register and submit your entry (up to 5 per school/establishment) via www.prometheanworld.com/PrometheanGrant. All entries should be submitted in English. Entries will be attributed to the Entrant who is the authorized email address account holder.
Any Entrant found to be using any form of automating process to make bulk entries will be disqualified.
Promethean can take no responsibility for any entries that are lost, delayed, or corrupted. Proof of submission is not valid proof of Promethean’s receipt of your entry. Promethean may, at its discretion, remove, delete or disqualify entries deemed to be inappropriate, illegible or otherwise noncompliant with these terms and conditions. Please note that entries will not be returned to Entrants.
Selection of the winner(s) and provision of the prize(s)
Independent judges will select a minimum of 30 entries (although an Entrant can enter up to 5 times, only 1 entry can be selected per school/establishment) based on the criteria set out on the Competition Home Page. (Promethean may, at its sole discretion, choose to select more than 30 entries depending on the number and content of the entries).
The winners will be notified by email the week commencing 25th June 2018 and winners’ details will be available on the Competition Homepage and on the Promethean Website. If a winner does not respond within 10 business days from the sending of the e-mail notification, that winner will be disqualified and Promethean may, at its sole election, select and notify another winner. Promethean cannot be responsible for emails being blocked by the winner’s e-mail filter. The decision as to the winners made by Promethean is final and no correspondence will be entered into by Promethean in relation to that decision.
Promethean will endeavor to deliver and install the prize during the summer holiday period of the 1st to 31st July 2018, subject to installer availability. The winners must provide a valid school address and contact details for delivery and installation to be made. Promethean will not be held responsible for any tax implications for the prize(s) awarded to the school/establishment.
There is a minimum of 30 prizes of refurbished ActivPanels of varying sizes to go to 30 classrooms, no more than 1 can go to the same school – based on max 5 entries per school. Included in the prize is the installation of the ActivPanel on a suitable wall by Promethean’s preferred third-party installer. No alternative prize(s) may be requested, although Promethean reserves the right to substitute the prize(s) if necessary. There is no cash alternative, and the prize(s) cannot be transferred to any other person or school. The refurbished ActivPanels are provided on an “AS IS” basis with no warranty provisions. Winners may choose to have the ActivPanel placed on a mobile stand in lieu of installation on the wall, however, the purchase of the mobile stand and any additional cables which may be needed shall be at the winner’s expense.
Conditions of entry
The Entrant agrees that:
- any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of this competition or the prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the laws of England and Wales;
- any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual damages incurred but shall in no event include legal fees;
- no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively “Special Damages”) and
- it hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any type of damages multiplied or increased.
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or limit in any way Promethean’s statutory liability in respect of: (i) death or personal injury caused to any entrant as a result of Promethean’s negligence; or (ii) fraud or deceit.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these terms and conditions remain in full force and effect.
Promethean reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions or cancel or modify the competition in exceptional circumstances without prior notice. Reasons that Promethean may modify or cancel the competition include, without limitation, technological problems of the Promethean computer system regardless of cause, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition.
Any attempt to defraud or violate these official rules in any way in connection with this competition may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law at Promethean’s sole and absolute discretion. Promethean reserves the right to make any investigation into the eligibility of an Entrant and delay the award of any prize during the investigation for any period of time deemed necessary and pending the receipt of any and all information deemed necessary. If Promethean suspects any Entrant of attempting to defraud or violate the rules in any way, then Promethean reserves the right to disqualify that Entrant from this and all future competitions. Promethean’s decisions resulting from any such investigation shall be final and binding in all respects.
Promethean shall assume no responsibility or liability whatsoever for:
- incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate entry information whether caused by an Entrant, by any equipment or programming associated or utilized in this competition, or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries;
- any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, networks, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, incomplete or garbled transmissions, or failure of email or media for any reason; or
- any injury or damage to any computer, computer accessory, software, or any other technology used by the Entrant to download or upload competition materials.
Entrants agree to release Promethean, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, agents and employees, to the fullest extent permitted by law, from any and all liability, claims for damages arising out of the Entrant’s participation in the competition, the use of any entries as stated herein and the acceptance and use of any prize(s).
Entrants grant Promethean and its affiliates a non-exclusive, world-wide royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, display and otherwise exploit their entry or any part thereof throughout the world in any media (including on the Promethean website or in any video or electronic communication form, and in any printed publications), whether now known or hereafter created.
Entrants represent and warrants that:
- their entry is an original work that has not been previously published and does not infringe on any third-party copyrights or other intellectual property rights.
- the contents of the entry are accurate;
- all required consents have been obtained from the Entrants in relation to their participation in the competition including any consent of any person who is the subject of a photograph or videos contained in the entry;
- use of the contents of the entry will not violate these terms and conditions or cause injury to any person or entity;
- their participation in the competition is in compliance with all legal, regulatory and other relevant policies and guidance applicable to the Entrant;
- they will indemnify Promethean and its affiliates for any and all claims resulting from any use of the entry; and
- Where photographs, videos or images or children are submitted as part of an entry then:
- the children should not be identifiable by name; and
- no photograph, videos or images of any children should be submitted unless the prior written consent of the parent or guardian had been obtained by the Entrant or the school/establishment with which the Entrant is affiliated; and
In no event shall an Entrant be entitled to any compensation for the entry, or for Promethean’s use of the entry.
Any and all consents must be provided to Promethean on Promethean’s request.
Data protection and publicity
It is a condition of entry that any winner consents to their name, picture, school, country of residence and their entry to be published on the Promethean World website and in the e-Newsletters after the closing date. Competition winners will be required to take part in, or co-operate with post-event publicity including videos, press releases and case studies. The winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release.
The competition is governed by the laws of England and Wales. The competition is void where prohibited by law. In order to request a copy of these terms and conditions by email or to make a complaint in connection with the promotion please contact Promethean at the address above.